There are presently no open calls for submissions.
QUAINT IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS, AND WILL REOPEN IN DECEMBER 2016. If you wish to submit interior or cover artwork, please do so below!
- Quaint Magazine is a trans-inclusive journal that accepts submissions from women and non-binary people only. We don't gender police, so if you're outside the box and unsure if we'll take your work, fret not! However, we are NOT open to submissions from cis-men. Sorry!
- Please allow 2-3 months for a response. It may be a whole lot less than that, but feel free to inquire if you don't hear anything from us after 8 weeks.
- Send us your best, your darkest, your kookiest, your strangest, your lewdest, your most disconcerting and boundary-pushing work! It does not have to be politically or feminist driven, though that's fine too! We want weird, creepy and grotesque. We want your unladylike ladywords.
- We love simultaneous submissions, but we cannot accept previously published material (including work you have published on a blog or website). If you believe you may be an exception to this policy, please email us first.
- Quaint pays! We believe very strongly that creative practitioners should be paid for their work, just like everyone else! Although we're a small non-profit magazine (and thus cannot afford to lavish riches upon you), we'd like to do the equivalent of buying you a beer/coffee/shot/soda/beverage of your choice. Payment rates are the same regardless of what you submit (because we don't believe word count contributes to quality of work). Writers published in our magazine's digital editions will receive $6 per accepted piece, payable by PayPal.
- You have the option to donate when you submit. Please don't feel obliged to - it won't negatively or positive impact your submission, but it will help us pay for web-hosting, submittable fees, design, promotion, and to pay contributors. Thank you so much!